Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Help Me Decide

I bought this kit in January. You sew six strips together that are the width of the fabric and then cut those into six inch squares. After that you alternate the squares, every other one. One goes vertical and then the next horizontal. It creates a basket weave type of pattern. It looks really cool. However I am totally and completely in love with these stripes. (They would be horizontal in the finished quilt and I would probably have more fabric strips than I would need, so it could be wasteful) The other pattern that I mentioned yesterday is done the same way only it is set on the bias. It would give me two totally different looks if I keep this one stripped. I could do the red, white and blue one in stripes. Oh man too many choices.What would you do? Please vote. Stripes or Basket Weave?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

STRIPES for sure!! If you have leftovers, make something else. I think basketweave would take away from the amazing stripe look.

Shannon (itsy)

Angela said...

Stripes. That way you're already done, right?