Sunday, October 25, 2009

TIme to catch up

October 14th.

Our flight to Portland was running about 30 minutes late. It took us a while to get our luggage, our car and then drive to our hotel. It was close to 12:30 Utah time when we got to our room. We both went right to sleep.
October 15th

Today we walked around downtown Portland. The vibrate autumn colors on the trees was a delight. We loved the city, especially Powell's.
October 16th

Today we drove to Tillamook and toured the cheese factory. I loved it there. It was so fun to see and sample the cheese. My favorite part of the day was when we ate the ice cream. It was delicious.
October 17th

Today we drove through the most severe rain I think I have ever driven through to see Multnomah Falls. We got so wet but it was worth it. The falls were gorgeous.

October 18th

Today is our last day in Portland. I wanted a picture of what we got to see each morning at breakfast. I just loved watching the streetcars and seeing the gorgeous fall leaves.
October 19th

Tonight we took the kids to see Stellaluna at the Scera. It was done with puppets. It was cute and the kids enjoyed it but I was glad when it was over. I don't recommend buying tickets for the night after returning home from a trip.
October 20th

Today Maggie and I went on a walk by the canal and the water had been drained. There was still some left and the ducks were trying to make the most of it. They were quacking back and forth and we joked that they were saying, "hey, where the hell did the water go?" They sounded confused LOL!
October 21st

While I was gone Emma made me a Christmas present. She wrapped it up so I wouldn't peek at it before Christmas. She even made me an ornament and used that as part of the packaging. It's adorable and I can't wait to put it on our tree this year.
October 22nd

My Aspens are turning yellow and dropping their leaves. It seems like yesterday that I was taking pictures of the brand new, green, tender leaves of spring.
October 23rd

Today was wonderful. I got to go to Salt Lake to see my cousin get married. It was so nice to be able to spend the day with family and to be at the temple.
October 24th

Today is the Homecoming game. BYU vs. TCU. Too bad that TCU creamed us. I do get very excited each time they light up the Y though. There is just something about it that makes me happy.
October 25th

Tonight we went to dinner and Joi and David's home. We went so that Paul and David could give Grandpa David a blessing for the surgery that he is going to have this week. While we were there we got to meet the new kittens, Max and Millie. They are ragdoll kitties. They are so cute and oh so fluffy.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love that last picture of Portland. It should be blown up and framed.