Tuesday, October 13, 2009

286

Yesterday my dryer died. This dryer was given to us a long time ago. Paul and I were living in our first home. We had a washer and a clothes line. That was it. The secretary where Paul worked offered us her old dryer. I remember her saying she didn't know how long it would last. That was over 13 years ago! Notice the wood paneling. Notice the broken lint catcher. This thing made the most horrid noises. The bearings were shot, but it kept going. It would get so hot it would scorch our underwear. We kept it though because it worked and it was free. Would you believe it was the heating element that finally gave out? I will miss you. You worked long and hard for us and I appreciate your service. It breaks my heart to see it sitting out back waiting to be taken to it's final resting place.